“Are there free tools that I could use to help me with SEO or Google Analytics?”
The answer is, of course, YES and we use tons of them everyday. Specifically today, I want to talk about some of the Chrome browser extensions that I use for SEO and for Google analytics and tell you a little bit about WHY I use them.
First, let me state that this is not a complete list of all of the extensions that I use for measuring website performance or for SEO but it’s a great place to start:
1. Block Yourself From Analytics – this one is super valuable and something that I try to recommend to all of our clients to use themselves. After all, you don’t want to see your employee’s traffic when you look at stats for your website, you want to see real customer’s stats.
2. Analytics Helper – detects if Google analytics script is installed in a page
3. SEO SERP – lets you check the position of your site or a list of sites (think competitors) for a given keyword. Super useful for this quick searches.
4. NoFollow – semi-useful for some, I find it very relevant. Outlines nofollow links, detects nofollow and noindex pages.
5. Google Analytics URL Builder – this extension makes it very easy to tag your url’s with google analytics tracking code so that they can be tracked in your google analytics campaigns.